Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Premium Musics: The Radio Dept.

In honor of my return from Switzerland, I decided to post a song from one of my favorite bands from a nearby region in Europe that I discovered as a result of Chris and Alex Reese yet again.. The Radio Dept. is a trio from Sweden that named their band after a gas station that was converted into a radio repair shop. Their music genre is called "dream pop" and has a kind of melancholy/80's feel that I really love. If I were to compare them to any band I would say they are similar to my favorite band of all time, The Cure. If you like what you hear, you can download a fair portion of their music for free from their fan website.

It was hard for me to choose a song since there are about 20 that I really like, but in the end I chose a song titled "Against the Tide" that comes from their album "Lesser Matters." I think a large reason that I love the band so much is because their music always seems to remind me of a lot of great times I've had with my friends at USU over the past few years, and almost makes tears come out of my face. The song likely won't give you the same emotional reaction, but I hope you like it and maybe someday in the future their songs will come to mean something similar for you.


If you liked that song you should also check out this one called "Pulling Our Weight."

 
And remember, "we have nothing without belief." - C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. I love The Radio Dept. I have a few of their EPs if you're missing any. We may need to do a music night now that you're back.

    ReplyDelete