Friday, February 11, 2011

Premium Musics: Broken Bells

I've been loving this band for the past year, so I thought I would share a song so you all can see how wonderful my past year has been. And it's all thanks to Mr. Alex Reese, so give him a poke and say thanks for me (and for you if you like it.)

It is called "The High Road" by the Broken Bells.

The Broken Bells is a band comprised of James Mercer, the lead vocalist of the Shins, and Danger Mouse, a musician/producer who formed Gnarles Barkley with Cee-Lo. They released their self titled album in March of 2010 and have received some decent amounts of exposure and success over the last year. So much, in fact, that they have already begun plans on a follow-up album.

I am no expert at describing music, so I will refrain. Instead, what I will tell you is that if you like the Shins or Modest Mouse then there is about a 99% chance you will like the Broken Bells. Also, the lyrics are simply amazing! I just love it! So listen to the music and let the beauty of it fill your soul. 


May your hammer be mighty!

2 comments:

  1. Bravo Alex, I really liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what. Even if you slightly dislike This Shins and have never cared for Modest Mouse, you'll still really like Broken Bells. At least I do.

    ReplyDelete