Friday, February 18, 2011

PM: Choir of Young Believers

To deviate from my recent obsession with electronic music, I want to share a song by a wonderful band called the Choir of Young Believers, or COYB for acronym lovers. The group hails from Denmark and is the creation of Jannis Noya Makrigiannis. The band has been a great success in Denamrk over the past 3 or 4 years, and has recently come to gain recognition in the United States after visiting SXSW in 2009 and signing with an American label Ghostly International. The recipe for COYB seems to be a mixture of Bon Iver, Mumford and Sons, and a touch of Sufjan Stevens. Therefore, they have a very tasteful sound and you can understand why I love them and why you will as well.

The song I have chosen is called "Action/Reaction" from the album "This is for the White in your Eyes." I really love the feel of this song, it has a great beat, interesting lyrics, and it is the kind of song that gives me the chills. I love it. As should you.


Stir the pot, bring it to a boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment