Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Midnight Musing: Grouplove

As I often do, I was on youtube looking at music videos and I stumbled upon a group called grouplove.  At first I thought I had come across a polygamist band but when I clicked on one of their videos I was proven very wrong.

Their story began with Hannah, the only female in the band, going to a concert late one night with some friends.  She watched Christian up on stage and said that he was the most passionate singer she had ever seen.  They hung out that night and then a week later she was invited to Greece for an art residency.  She texted Christian immediately and asked if he wanted to go.  There they met 3 other men who quickly became part of their ragtag family.  After her residency they all moved to LA and made a record.

Here is their single Colours.  When I first watched it I was awestruck.  I couldn't stop listening!  It makes me want to run around with paint on my face.



Peace.

1 comment: