Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Premium Musics: Bear in Heaven

I am feeling a lot of pressure on my second post. I think I feel a need to meet the expectations I set in my first post and I'm worried that it won't meet your expectations. So hopefully this won't be an epic failure.

I kind of feel like exposing y'all to something a little different, so I chose the band Bear in Heaven for this weeks post. They are an experimental rock band from Brooklyn with two full length albums, the most recent of which is called "Beast Rest Forth Mouth" and was released in 2009. They are pretty much unheard of across the Americas, but they deserve some The band's logo is pretty weird, some kind eyes with wings or something under them...ya, my description doesn't do it justice, but luckily the entire video is just a high quality picture of it, so you'll get to experience it.

From their newest (and best) album I chose a song called "Lovesick Teenagers." Don't read into the title for the reason that I chose it, cause that kind of thinking won't get you anywhere. I chose this song because I like it. End of discussion. Also, the song seems to remind me of some other songs, but I can't quite put my finger on it. So if you have any ideas as to what it sounds like I would love to hear it. With that said, I'm not sure yet how I feel about the rest of the album, but I know that I like this song, so that's good enough for now/me/you.


May the stars guide the course of your life.

1 comment:

  1. The album art reminds me of an awesome book I read in fifth grade called The Eyes of the Killer Robot.

    ReplyDelete